Financial support can be requested from the GSAH for expenses that are closely related to the PhD project.
What research purposes are supported?
The GSAH supports the following research purposes. Please note that a confirmation proving your stay is mandatory.
|Research activities in museums, archives and libraries||Written confirmation from the institution (incl. length of stay)|
|Congress participation with an active contribution||Proof of your active participation (e.g. program)|
|Fieldwork ( e.g. interviews)||Confirmation by your first supervisor (incl. length of the stay)|
|Purchase of licenses, reproductions, etc.||Receipt (original)|
Which expenses will be reimbursed?
The GSAH will only reimburse expenses that have already been paid and upon submission of receipts and the correctly completed expense form. Following expenses will be reimbursed:
- Rail tickets 2nd class (journeys can be credited to a GA Travelcard. Please submit a list of journeys in the expense form and calculate the costs with a Half Fare Travelcard).
- Travel by air (will only be reimbursed if it complies with the traffic light system for university business trips)
- Overnight stays at a maximum of CHF 150/night
- Conference/congress fees
- License fees
- Reproduction costs
- Other expenses only on request (no books, computers, instruments, food or similar)
The following documents have to be submitted electronically to Hannah Ambühl (SINTA) :
- Fully completed expense form
- All receipts
- All required confirmations
The requests have to be submitted by April 15 and October 15. Reimbursement is usually made no later than two months after a submission deadline.